Pages

July 19, 2013

mommas and papas.


I realized today that I haven't really said much about John and I since the baby came. But we're doing pretty good, handling all Ruthe's issues and juggling a regular life. [Who am I kidding?! My life isn't regular, but John still has to go to work.]


John has been amazing. He wakes up early to go to work, spends all day outside sweating like a pig, comes home to shower, and then lets me talk him into staying at the hospital until way too late, just to do it all over again the next day. He doesn't even complain about being so exhausted. I know it's because he just loves Ruthe so much it doesn't phase him. And I love him more and more every day because of it.

I really don't know if I'm handling everything as well. I feel like I should be at the hospital more often, like I shouldn't ever leave, like the second I step outside the NICU something horrible is going to happen. It's not fun at all. Especially right now, sitting at home instead of at her bedside for the first night since she was born. [Have I mention how much I hate flash floods??]  But again, John is being so strong through all of this for me.  He's better than the best.

John starts law school in one month.  I remember when I still had a month left to be pregnant... that went by too fast.  I really hope we're ready for this challenge.  We did the whole long-distance, skype-every-night thing while we were engaged.  But now we have a baby, and I know she's all John will be thinking about in his spare time.  I really just hope he doesn't have very much, for his sake.

Our hope is that Ruthe will totally kick her surgery's butt, and come home in record time, and do great, and not need vary many check-ups, so we can go visit John on the weekends.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

  1. If John has free time you should send him our way!! I'll make sure he's being fed!! ;) so excited you guys will be in Utah!! :)

    ReplyDelete