Pages

July 7, 2013

four.

Today at church was fast and testimony meeting.  [If none of that makes sense, you can go here to learn more.]  It's always an especially spiritual day, because you can almost see the faith and testimony coming out of everyone as the stand and bear witness of Christ and the Gospel.  But today was even better.  This month our ward fasted and prayed on our behalf.  For the Baby Nugget.  We have felt so much love and support from the members of our ward throughout this entire journey, but today really was the icing on the cake.

There was such a strong Spirit today, and we can't help but be overwhelmed by the gratitude we feel for our fellow ward member's participation.  We have definitely felt the beginnings of the calm and peaceful feeling that we know everyone is praying for us to have throughout this week and the days to come.  Our little girl is so lucky to have so many people in her life who already love her enough to spend an entire day thinking about her and praying for her health.

___________________

Yesterday, John and I went on our last official date as a childless couple.  We put on real clothes [which is a big step for me since I've been living in sweatpants] and went out to a nice dinner and a movie.  I'm not much of a conversationalist lately if there's food in front of me, but we spent the night talking about non-baby-related topics.  It was a much needed break!  We saw the movie White House Down, which is good, but we probably won't rush out to buy it, or even rent it, as soon as it comes out.  The action is really good, and there are a a couple twists that keep things interesting.  By the time we got home we were exhausted!!  Poor John's still recovering from his bee attack, and the benadryl he took before dinner was kicking in.  I'm just lazy and pregnant, so I can pretty much fall asleep on demand.  But we came home and got to fall asleep at the same time, which is always a nice end to a nice date.  :)

I've been working on some birth announcements for the Nugget, but not knowing her middle name is making it a little tricky.  John told me I can choose between Charlotte and Elizabeth.  I'm still stuck on Clementine.  [It's just so much cuter!!]  I'm really hoping that John will see her for the first time and think oh my gosh, sydney has been right all along! this baby needs to be named clementine!!  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Because I really don't want to start all over on the announcements.

No comments:

Post a Comment