Pages

July 11, 2013

it feels like christmas...

I should really be sleeping...  I have to be at the hospital at 4:30am.  And my mom says that I have no excuse not to have my hair and make-up done [to look nice in pictures] since I'm not really doing any work to get this baby out. 

Which means I have to wake up around 2 so I can shower, dry and straighten my hair, and pretend like I know how to put make-up on. 

But I feel like it's Christmas Eve and I'm ten and I just KNOW that Santa's on his way here with the coolest toy I can imagine.  [I wish I could remember what I got for Christmas when I was ten... that analogy would have been a lot cooler if I did.]

We never really slept on Christmas Eve when I was little, anyway.  For as long as I can remember my brothers and I would have a sleepover in my room and Ryan would wear his fancy light-up watch and make Tyler and I guess what time it was every ten minutes.  One year we got smart and had our own watches ready so we could cheat... but they didn't light up. 

Right now I've got the computer's clock, both cell phones, the iPad, and John's watch all within my field of vision and they're moving veerrrryyyy sslllloooooowww.  All I can think is:  LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!

Sleep is probably not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment