Pages

May 10, 2011

free time.

Have I mentioned that I don't have a job?

It's true.  All that hard work in college and still no one wants to hire me.  Sad day.

Anyway - the UPside to not working is having loooooads of free time to do whatever my little heart desires.  The only problem is that my little heart desires to be at the mall all day buying myself cute dresses and there aren't really any pretty dress shops in The Burg.  So instead I go to Walmart and surf the interwebs and watch Nacho Libre over and over again until I've got John singing along to the song about Ramses... 

I do however dabble in crafty things - as you may remember from my last post.  And today is no different.  I am painting the crusty old dresser in the living room a dark grey color.  Mostly because none of our furniture matches, and also because it has about twelve different wood variations that just confuse me.  So... the idea is to make it look like this [sort-of]:


I say sort-of because it's not really that shape, but the color and the knobs are what I'm trying to show you.  Anthropologie.com has this tricky little helper where you can stick their fancy knobs on pieces of furniture to see what they'll look like.  It's pretty awesome.  I spend hours on it every day week.  :/

It's this dresser, the one hiding behind the world's most awesome couch:


It has three drawers and a little cabinet door at the bottom that you can't see here, but that's where we hide the internet modem and router and the printer. 

So far I've painted the drawers and the door, and I must say it is looking pretty amazing!!  I got the paint at Walmart [the only place to go! literally.] and it had some goofy name like Greyhound Bus or Charcoal Dust. 

It's called Garden Urn.  I was so close.

Anyway - I'm hoping to finish all the painting tomorrow, so I'll try to get a picture of the nearly-finished project up by the end of the week.  I know you're all at the edge of your seats...  But you'll have to wait a little while for the real deal since I'm too chickeny to buy the drawer knobs online.  And with no job I'm a little hesitant to fork out the $6-8 a pop.  Marriage has made me so boring and responsible.  :(

Well - John's almost home from work, so I better go get our midnight snack of milk & oreos ready.  Let me know if you wanna come help me paint tomorrow  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment