Pages

July 3, 2011

what we've been up to...

Since tomorrow is the Fourth and our activities will probably overshadow the other things we did this weekend I'm going to make you sit through another photo-essay  :)

Here are the "book" shelves I put up in our room.  What do you think I should display on them?  Remember - manly stuff, because they're on John's side.


Look what John left on the bathroom counter!!
How rude.


Oh, and I got a perm!  When we went to Utah last weekend I went to see my lovely friend Meg at the Paul Mitchell school and she did an amazing job!!


I made this d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. enchilada recipe the other night.  Honey Lime Enchiladas.  Try them.  Your life will never be the same.


Speaking of food...  we love Arby's.


And speaking of things that I made...  I wrapped the weird piece of plastic that tops the blinds with burlap.  I think it adds a little bit of character to the kitchen  :)


For the past few weeks there's been a little bit of road construction by our apartment.  Um - scratch that.  Since we moved to Rexburg there's been a whole bunch of road construction.  It was better for a day, and then we went to the store and saw this:

You can't really tell, but this sign is posted at the only entrance/exit to our complex.
 And there are barricades on the street around our complex coming from any direction.



There's one more - but we don't generally drive that way so I haven't gotten a picture of it.  Yet.  Luckily they left a wide enough space so our car can fit through.  Otherwise we'd have to park on the side of the highway and hop the fence.

In other news, we cleaned our kitchen yesterday!  I even scrubbed underneath the stove, and soaked the bowl/pan-type things under the coils.  They were pretty nasty.


Since the kitchen was so sparkly clean, we didn't want to cook anything and mess it up.  So we went to Big Judd's for lunch!

Don't worry - I didn't let him eat it all by himself.

After Big Judd's we went home for a quick nap before going to our first ever Chuckars game!!  We went with our friends Shiloh and Trevor.  It was super fun!  Plus - we got free t-shirts!


Tomorrow we're going to the parade on main street and then having a barbecue with a few couples from our ward.  Then we'll go to Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks show!!  We're excited, and hope you all have a great Fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment