Pages

July 12, 2011

more activities.

I've been feeling a little crafty lately...  My friend Jana brought over some fabric that she wanted to make into curtains for her living room - and there was just enough left over to make a couple pillows for their couch!  I'd seen a pillow like this on some website or other and decided that I'd try to make it.


I think it turned out pretty good!  The ruffled part is a bit poofy - and I didn't really like it at first, but it's growing on me.

* * *

And for some reason, everyone around me is having a baby.  Unfortunately - all these babies are living in Las Vegas, so I can't smooch their faces  :(  But I can spend some of my free time making them cutesy onesies!  I got the idea for these at Happy Together.  I loved the "cute as a button" theme - but the print just wasn't my style.  So instead I fished around our spare change jar for all those buttons that come with new clothes but never get used and came up with this!

The tag says "for Lyla, who's cute as a button!"
 I made another one for my cousin's new baby.  Little Anistyn is the only one of her siblings with dark hair - which is impressive if you've ever seen a picture of my extended family.  I found these super bright buttons while I was wandering around Walmart and loved them.  So I did the same thing for Ani-Lou's onesie - and I made a little fabric envelope to put it in.



I only hope the onesies fit the little girlies by the time it gets to them!  Babies grow so gosh darn fast!!

* * *

In the kitchen - things have been a little different.  I hate cooking when it's hot outside.  Mostly because that means it's already hot inside - without the help of an oven.  So while I was wandering around Walmart I picked up some popsicle molds!!  I just mix up the Crystal Light on-the-go packets with half as much water and a heaping spoonful of sugar.  Poor it in, freeze 'em, and enjoy!

I tried to get fancy here and do two layers, but most of them blended together anyway.

This is the peach mango flavor.  Oh man, best.popsicle.ever.

And to even out all that sugar:


John picked brussel-sprouts as our vegetable last night.  That's right - we ate them voluntarily.  No buttery goodness required.

1 comment: