Pages

July 18, 2011

firsties.

This weekend John and I went to our FIRST midnight movie showing together.  And we also went on our FIRST camp-out together.

The movie was - you guessed it - HARRY POTTER!!  I love Harry Potter.  I love love love love Harry Potter.  It's kind of a disease.

Anyway, since we went to the showing in Idaho Falls, we made a date night out of it.  We headed down at about 7 for dinner [and to get a decent parking space] and there was already a line outside the theater.  So we ate at TGIFridays - with a 15% off coupon!!  After dinner we walked over to Target to waste a little bit of time.  John got a football, and I got some paper-lantern lights for our little patio, and we got a bunch of candy for the movie  :)

At dinner with our HP tickets!!

John waiting in line...

The line on the right was for all the theaters.  On the left is just the line for our theater.  Crazy.

So, that was Thursday night.  We got home from the movie at about 3:30 am, and John had a class at 7:45.  Needless to say, when he got home from class he crashed!  He was out until about 3 in the afternoon - when we had to start getting ready for the ward camp-out.

I made John rent us a tent from the school, and we packed our air-mattress and some snacky snacks and headed out!  The campsite was in Archer, which is only about 20 minutes away.  It's so great living in a place that has so much nature so close by... except for the bugs.  I hate bugs.

Driving down to the campsite.  Tina got a few hefty scratches but shhhh - don't tell my dad.

Isn't Idaho pretty?!
 I took that picture from inside the car.  Before the bugs had a chance to attack me.  But we had some bug spray and one of the fancy bug repelling fans.  So we didn't get eaten alive.  I think we made it home with just one major bug bite each. 

I would have taken more pictures, but I accidentally took a nap as soon as our tent was set up, and then my phone died.  I promise we actually went camping.  There were tents and a fire and s'mores and everything.  AND some genius brought Reese's cups to make the s'mores with.  It was heavenly.  I'm never eating a regular s'more ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment