Pages

May 14, 2013

wild child.

Baby Nugget is crazy.  Remember how she refused to stay still at our last ultrasound and made it increasingly difficult for the doctors to get a good look at her heart?  You know, that one little glitch in her anatomy that's kind of a big deal.  Well, the appointment yesterday didn't go any better.  Girl was psycho!!  She would NOT stop moving.  Every single image we have of her is blurry.  And she was hiding her face pretty good again, too.  But we did get a glimpse of her chubby chubby cheeks!

Did I mention she has HAIR!?!
Look closely... that's her arm, her big, squishy cheek, and her eye and forehead!

I think next time I'll take some Tylenol PM to calm her down and maybe get a good [and clear!] picture of her face!  Or heart... whichever the doctor's think is more important.  [I'm kidding.  I won't take any meds just as a science experiment to calm down my crazy baby.]

We also learned that the nugget is a BIG FAN of car rides.  Well, mostly.  We took a trip up to Salt Lake last weekend to look for an apartment and she did pretty well for being so cramped-up in my belly the whole time.  Don't get me wrong, I was plenty uncomfortable by the end of the 6-hour drive, but car rides are apparently going to be our go-to sleep-inducing tactic.  Although, she was up and running as soon as we put the car in park.  Every. Single. Time.

While we were in Utah we did find a pretty great apartment.  It's farther from the Trax line than we would have liked, but it has 2 bedrooms and a full-size washer and dryer.  So we're sold.  Now we just have to send in the applications and John's right arm as a deposit.  Moving is so much fun!  :/

We got back from Utah on Saturday night, and then had the opportunity to speak in a Sacrament meeting.  Our stake stretches pretty far, and there's a branch about an hour away in a small town called Sandy Valley.  Since it's small, the other wards "from town" take turns sending in speakers on the second Sunday of the month.  It gives members a chance to meet the branch, and it gives the branch a break from hearing the same speakers too often.  Right after that, we rushed straight back to Vegas to hear our lovely friend Elsa [I mean SISTER DEAN] speak for her mission farewell.  [I know, I know. They don't really call them that anymore, but it's still what it is!]  We are so proud of Elsa and her decision to serve a mission!  She's going to be great!!

And finally, as it was Mother's Day, we had a special night planned with my family.  We went to see The Great Gatsby with my mom, Yiaya, and my dad and brothers.  It was so good!  But I love Leo, so I'm a little biased.  After the movie we had I <3 Burgers and came home for some strawberry shortcake dessert!!  It was so fun and simple.  And my nice brothers brought my mom flowers, which are making the kitchen smell fabulous!!

I'm pretty sure that's all the news we've got so far...  Oh, except that I'd like to document that John lost his cell phone, two days after we bought him a new case and invisible shield. 

Now I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment