Pages

May 21, 2013

best baby shower EVER.

Oh, man. I can't even begin to describe what a wonderful day Saturday was. I feel so much love and support from all my friends and family!! It was an incredible party. Ladybugs were EVERYWHERE!! (literally - one of the girls spilled their bug jar open in the kitchen... oops!)

Teri did a magnificent job with all the decorations and planning and treats. She is just THE BEST!! We are so blessed to have her in our lives :)

Obviously I love and appreciate everyone who pitched in and made the shower such an amazing day. It's overwhelming to think of all the people who already love my little girl and wanted to make sure John and I are prepared for her arrival. She is so blessed!

I woke up Saturday morning with my little cousins Matilda and Paizley to get started decorating! But first we had to paint our nails to look like ladybugs. (It's all in the details!!) After that it's all kind of a blur. I know at one point I took a shower and got ready, and before I knew it we were partying!!

I'll let these pictures do the rest of the talking for me...

my belly, me, Momma H, Teri, and Michelle


CAKE!!  adorable and so delicious.


ready for baby nugget  :)


ladybug outfits!


ladybug beach balls!


ladybug cakepops!


ladybug decorations!


ladybug pencils in a ladybug mug!


ladybug cookies!

And let's not forget all my wonderful family and friends who came to celebrate Baby Nugget!!





































We knew there would be a bunch of little girlies at the party, and while pumping them full of sugar sounds like a good idea, it also means that you need to plan something for them to burn off all that excess energy.  So my mom went and bought a bunch of LIVE ladybugs to let loose in the backyard for the kids to catch!  She and Teri bought out all the little bug jars at every Target they went to and it was such a cute idea!!  The girlies loved it - and as a bonus my parent's garden has a bazillion ladybugs roaming around!



No comments:

Post a Comment