Pages

May 27, 2013

reasons I can't sleep.

1 - I'm pregnant. And this little nugget is a party animal as soon as the lights are out. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: she is going to have 5pm curfew until she's 30!!

2 - I have "allergies". What I really have is a cold, but no one will believe me. And let's face it, I can't take any of the hard stuff, so there's no point in even fighting them.

3 - The A/C went out on our side of the house. It went out Saturday, but we had a big party to get ready for, and then I was too exhausted to care that night. Sunday wasn't so bad either. But last night was brutal. It might have had something to do with the temp being 82 outside until almost midnight... so we slept on the couch. These new couches are nice. They recline pretty far back, and they don't smell like the dog or Tyler (yet). But it's still a couch. And waking up seventeen times a night is bad enough when you can still try and roll over. The most I could do on the couch last night was lean a little in the other direction. Oh, yeah, Chief John Strongbow doesn't help the situation, either. I'm pretty sure he moves...

4 - This probably goes with #2, but I'm SOOO thirsty all the time. Especially when I wake up in the middle of the night. And getting out of a completely reclined couch is not the easiest activity for me and my belly at two-thirty in the morning.

There is one silver lining from all this, though. Since we were in the living room, and John's alarm went off at 5:20, I was awake enough to realize that my mom wasn't up for seminary yet. I know she's excited for summer break, but there's still a week left!! Anyway, I woke up the momma, sent her on her way, and now I'm apparently awake for good. I sure hope Paizley's ready for a nap after kindergarten today...

No comments:

Post a Comment