Pages

August 13, 2012

best french toast.

Yesterday I was just grumpy and tired and felt sick all day.  It was not a pleasant day to spend with me at all - even after my five hour nap.  Just ask John.

But I eventually got off the couch and made some dinner... ok, I fake made dinner.  I found these nifty little packets in the meat section that have pre-portioned vegetables and marinated meat for a nice fajita dinner.  AND they were buy one get one free.  So that's what I made for dinner.  But did I eat it?  Heck to the NO!!  It was just so nasty.  I don't know what my probalem was, because John liked it just fine.  But I could not for the life of me even stand to have it in my mouth long enough to actually chew. 

So I laid back down on the couch and pouted for a while because I was still hungry.  Then, after John had gone to work and my stomach had started trying to digest itself, I got on pinterest to see if there were and good baked-donut recipes that I had the ingredients for.  Um, I don't have any sugar, so that was a bust.  But what I did have the ingredients for was even more wonderful.

Nutella. Stuffed. French. Toast.

Yep.  I said it.  Nutella and french toast in the same delicious syrupy forkfull.  Pure heaven.

2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup powdered sugar
*whisked to perfection.
4 slices of bread
generously spread with NUTELLA
*sandwiched together and smooshed.
and commence the french toast making!

Trust me.  You will never, ever eat regular french toast again.  Or, at least, you won't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment