Pages

August 11, 2012

logan, you kill me.

John and I have been in Logan, UT this week.  And we have very nearly eaten ourselves dead.  Seriously.  Besides going to work every day and taking some nice long naps in the hotel room, we've spent all our time eating.  We already love food and going out to eat, but when you put us in a new town with all new restaurants... oh dear.

Let's start with the icecream, shall we?  This is the Aggie's blue mint ice cream.  I decided it tastes like cookies and creme [made with minty oreos] and dyed blue.  Still delicious.


Ok, so we may have also gotten a couple pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, too.  It was pretty hot in Logan.  :)

Wednesday night we went to the Beehive Grill.  It. was. DELICIOUS.  Mostly because they had these magical, amazing, wonderful fried pickles!!  I love me some fried pickles.  I almost didn't let John have any, but eventually I gave in because I wanted him to share in the joy.  I really can't stress enough how much I love fried pickles.  And these were the BEST. 


The restaurant also has their own homemade root beer that was pretty awesome.  And the rest of our meal was pretty great too.  Honestly, I just wanted to eat my weight in fried pickles...

Out last night in Logan we went to a mexican place that was trying to make us explode.  Just after the flautas that we ordered as an appetizer we were stuffed.  And then they brought our food and, I swear, that burrito was the size of my face.  Just incredible huge.  I took one bite and realized that I was better off saving it for lunch the next day.  This picture does not do our plates justice... think cheese tray and fish platter size.


Overall, we had a great weekend.  It might have had a lot to do with not being in Rexburg, but I think that the SLURPEES we had were definitely a plus, too.

We are happy to be back at home, as much as we might wish we were in Newport with my family instead.  Sleeping in our own bed last night was fabulous.  Absolutely fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment