Pages

January 3, 2012

once upon a Christmas...

John and I only took one picture over Christmas.  Unbelievable, right?  You'll be even more upset to know that I'm too lazy [and cozied up and warm inside] to go get the camera out of the car.  Sorry.

But, even without photographic evidence, I think I can convince you that we had a fantastic holiday.  The plan was to leave on Tuesday night [the 20th] right after I got off work at 6pm.  Luckily, I got off work a whopping SIX HOURS EARLY so we were able to leave by two instead!  The drive was grueling.  It always is.  But we got into Vegas at around midnight, went straight to bed, and didn't have to spend all of Wednesday being lazy and recuperating.

Wednesday was spent running errands with my momma and getting things ready for Christmas.  Then on Thursday, I turned TWENTY-FOUR!  That's right.  I'm growing up.  :)  We had breakfast with my mom, did a little bit more preparing for the festivities ahead, and then jumped in the car to go to San Diego.  We stopped in Riverside to see my uncle and little cutie-pie cousins which was great!  Once we got into SD we had dinner with John's family.  The conversations only got mildly heated [haha!] and I had a fabulously chocolatey icecreamy birthday dessert.  I'd say it was a success! 

We spent the night at John's grandma's house and she made us some french toast in the morning.  Then we looked through pictures and talked about everything that's been going on for a while until John and I had to head out for more Christmas visits.  It was a food-filled day, but we got to visit with more friends and family and had a great time!  Although, I could have done without all the traffic on the way home  :(

Saturday I saw my friend Rachel and she gave me a fabulous haircut!  We took out so much dang hair it's impressive that there's anything left! But it looks fabulous, and feels even better [or lighter, at least.]  My mom and I did some more shopping and wrapping and finished getting everything ready for Christmas the next day.  We had some hot chocolate, watched The Christmas Story a hundred times, and snuggled up in our potato sac pj's.  [I made them all a little bit too big.  Ok, maybe a lot too big.  Oops.]  :/

CHRISTMAS!!  It was so fantastic.  I love Christmas.  There's nothing else to say.  Christmas is the best day ever.  Especially when it's warm enough outside to go SWIMMING!  haha.  Yep.  I spent a good hour splashing around in the jacuzzi with some of my little cousins.  They are the craziest, cutest, goofiest munchkins ever.  After all the afternoon festivities had died down we headed out to the other side of town for dinner with my dad's side of the family.  More deliciousness and family and fun.  Have I mentioned how much I love Christmas?!  Because I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! 

After Christmas is fun too  :)  The sales and the leftovers... and the sales... and the leftovers.  I love it all.  I especially love when Anthropologie puts all their sale stuff on an additional 50% off!!  Yep.  You read that right.  Extra.Fifty.Percent.Off.  I scored three tops, two skirts, and a dress.  And they're all amazing.  John got some pretty good deals at the mall, too.  But neither of us could find ANY shoes that we liked.  At least, the stores didn't have them in our sizes.  [Our children are destined to be sasquatches. Poor kids.] 

I think this post is getting too long.  So I'm going to end here, and I'll give you all part two next time!

Maybe I'll even bring in the camera so you can see our Christmas picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment