Pages

January 7, 2011

Lest wE forGet

So for those of you who don't know, my fiance(and wife to be in 92 days) is a genius. She has a degree in English from BYU-Idaho and she can breeze through a novel like Usain Bolt. Furthermore, she isn't half bad at writing. I don't know how she is so good at expressing herself, but she is! If writers were ninjas, she'd be Splinter from the ninja turtles, but cuter, a lot cuter. My favorite part about her is that she could do whatever she wants, which leads me to my point.

Someone once said the most important word in the English language is "remember," and yesterday I think I forgot. I may have forgotten that Sydney is foregoing a lot of opportunity to move back to middle-of-no-where, Idaho with me. She's brilliant, she could go to grad school, get some shazny job somewhere and make millions, but she's decide to forgot all of that and spend the rest of forever with me. The me who has about 5 years of school left. The me who she has to support when I go to law school. I hope she knows how grateful I am for her. I hope I tell her enough, and, more importantly, that I show it enough. I think yesterday, for about ten minutes, I let myself forget how lucky I am. I forgot that she deserves the world, and I have responsibility of giving it to her.  I forgot that she gives me so much while asking for so little in return.

Good thing I caught myself, because I promised myself today that I'm never going to forget the sacrifice she is making to be with me. I'm going to remember that so I can work my hands to the bone to make sure she has the life that she always wanted.

I'm going to remember I don't know how to love anything more than I do her.

And all you better remember that I'm serious when I say, SHE'S A GENIUS !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment