Pages

February 15, 2014

utah.

Ruthe and I just spent a week in Utah with John.  It was so nice to all be together and spend some time as a real family.  Here is a "brief" recap of our trip:

Saturday we got into SLC around 3:30pm, dropped my mom off at the airport and headed home to unpack the car.  After we got everything settled into place we went to the mall to exchange a too-big coat for John and had dinner at Costa Vida and some deeeeeelicious cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy.  



On Sunday morning we got up bright and early to go to church.  Ruthe lasted about thirty minutes before falling asleep in the pew.  Our ward seems really great.  Everyone was so nice and welcoming!  I think it will be a really great ward, once we live up there more permanently!

On Monday, John had to spend the whole day at school so Ruthe and I were left to entertain ourselves.  And what better way than to wander around IKEA for two hours?!  I also spent a little time hanging pictures in the living room, but I didn't quite finish... Ruthe wanted to play patty-cake instead.  Monday was actually our most productive day.  We did IKEA, and the pictures, but we also braved Walmart by ourselves and got some groceries for the week.  It was quite an adventure, but I didn't get lost at all driving around town, and I even remembered where the apartment was once all the errands were finished!!



Tuesday was less productive.  Ruthe and I didn't even get out of bed until it was time to go visit John for lunch.  We picked up a stroller frame to have up there and got a few random groceries that we forgot to grab on Monday, and then we went back home to be lazy all evening.  OH!! Ruthe turned seven months old!!  YAAAAYYY!!!!



Wednesday we never even left the house.  And I didn't hang any more pictures.  And we only sort-of got dressed.  And by sort of I mean that I dressed Ruthe and then put on a clean pair of socks myself. Gross, I know.  Moving on...

On Thursday I got to drive out to Lehi to see one of our friends from Idaho!  It was so much fun to catch up and see her sweet little boys!  It will be great once Ruthe and I live there for good and we can hang out more often!!  I also made my second trip to IKEA on the way back to Salt Lake, and got lost in the store.  I thought I was being so clever going straight into the downstairs marketplace to get my stuff, totally bypassing the show-rooms... but that plan only works if the things you're looking for are IN the marketplace.  I swear I walked that entire store at least four times trying to find my way going against the traffic.  I'll never make that mistake again!  IKEA is best experienced the way it was intended!!  Thursday night we drove out to Pleasant Grove to have dinner with one of John's BFFs and his wife.  They are yet another reason I can't wait until Ruthe and I move up to Salt Lake for good!



And Friday... oh, Friday.  Valentine's Day was quite an experience this year.  It started with John's car being stolen.  And it ended with about three extra pounds of cream cheese frosting.  I think that I'll maybe save that whole story for its own post.  Overall we had a wonderful time together as a family.  Ruthe has completely stolen my spot as John's valentine.  I would be upset if they weren't so gosh-darn adorable together.  I just love the two of them to pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment