Pages

January 8, 2014

baloney. [bologna.]

I really love bologna. But I HATE the way it's spelled. I have to sing the Oscar Mayer song every time I want to write it out. And even then it still looks like this in my head:

"My baloney has a first name,
It's O-s-c-a-r.
My baloney has a second name,
It's M-a-y-e-r.
I love to eat it every day,
And if you ask me why I'll ssaaaaayyyyyy:
'Cuz Oscar Mayer has a way with
B-O-L-O-G-N-A.'"

Baloney.  I can't help it.  Otherwise I read it as bo-log-na.  Every time.

Fun fact: Whenever I sing the baloney song I immediately start singing the Band-aid song right after... Like it's the second verse or something.  And sometimes I round out the whole thing with the Goldfish cracker song.  It's like a mix-tape of my childhood.

What was I talking about??  Oh yeah, nothing.  I'm stuck in another one of those endless battles of should I go to sleep before the pump has to be refilled at 2am or just get on Pinterest for another three hours.  It's a tough decision.


This little lady has a cold.  She's pretty miserable.  She's also very snuggly and slobbery.  I'm not sure whether to enjoy it or complain about it.  

We think she might also be contemplating growing some teeth.  She looooves to have her gums brushed.  Maybe because the toothpaste is fruity and delicious.  

Since John went back to school she's been sleeping next to me again.  I love it.  She's so funny at night before she falls asleep.  It's when she's the most alert and responsive.  I'm sure it's just a foreshadowing of how difficult she's going to be to put to sleep when she grows up, but for now I love having her sweet smiles all to myself.  The other night I woke up around 3:30 to her little hand right on my face and her big eyes just staring at me.  I think I might have been snoring and woke her up.  Oops!

She's been to see three doctors this week so far, and we're hoping to get her in to see one more (for her g-tube).  At each appointment she's weighed 15lbs. 4oz.  That's a little lower than she should be, but we're letting it slide because she's sick and just hoping it starts to come back up in the next couple of weeks. 

At her cardiology appointment everything looked good.  Her aortic valve still isn't growing very much, so she won't be able to have a normal-looking heart.  Hopefully we can wait for her next surgery to be at 9-12 months old.  But they're still watching her pressures every month and it could always happen sooner.  We just have to keep her healthy and growing and hope her little heart can stay strong!!  

I realize this isn't much of an update.  I'm mostly just trying to make myself tired enough to fall asleep...  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment