Pages

December 10, 2013

the feeding pump of doom.

I have a love/hate relationship with Ruthe's nighttime feed.

It's continuous.

For TEN HOURS.

And it has to run from 9pm to 7 am, or else our day is pretty much shot. (ok - it could also go from 10 to 8, or anything in between.) That just makes her daily feeds a little more wonky than I like for them to be. I also have to refill the bag of formula every 4-5 hours. And wake up to give her a dose of medicine at 2am. I try really hard to coordinate those two things so I'm only waking up once during the night... But sometimes, like tonight, I end up just staying awake until 2.



In my defense, the past two nights I've been reading and completely lost track of time. Oops.

Anyway, back to the point: I hate the stupid pump. It clogs, makes annoying sounds all night, and the screen is always lit.  Oh, and when something "clogs" the line the stupid thing beeeeeps so loud it wakes up the baby.  (Kind of defeating the purpose of gaining calories without using them when she's screaming her head off.)  the worst part is that nine out of ten times there isn't really a clog in it at all!

I can't wait for the day we get to stop these nighttime feeds... but don't hold your breath about it for me - Ruthe still has a long way to go before she'll be considered a healthy eater.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment